Tuesday, May 4, 2010

~ Homework Lesson 1 ~ Continued

After I completed most of the homework, I only had one more assignment left. To complete it, I had to hit the road and find water. I wanted to go to east Texas to a waterfall that I used to go to, but due to the weather, I decided to try to find something closer to home. I found a fountain not far from home and used it as my water homework. The goal was to see what happened to water as the f-stop and shutter speed changes.


If you notice, the water in this picture is in small balls. This is what is supposed to happen. This photo was taken using a 18 zoom lens. The histogram showed color throughout the entire spectrum. The f-stop and shutter speed were set at 1/250 and 9.0.



If you notice, the water in this picture is starting to smooth out and is in small lines of water. This photo was taken using a 18 zoom lens. The histogram showed color throughout the entire spectrum. The f-stop and shutter speed were set at 1/30 and 25.

Also, in these two pictures above, the clouds in the sky have no color as they were blinking when I checked the details of the picture after taking them.

This is a photo that was not on my homework. I took the photo to the extreme. It was taken using a 300mm zoom lens. The histogram showed color throughout the entire spectrum. The f-stop and shutter speed were set at 1/1250 and 4.0.

This photo was also taken to the extreme. It was taken using a 18 zoom lens. The histogram fell short on the black column and was mostly in the white column. The f-stop and shutter speed were set at 0"5 and 36. I need to note here that I could not balance the light meter so the photo was over exposed.
Tomorrow is another class and probably more homework that I will have to struggle to get through. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment